Freitag, 10. April 2009

First day of work, a lesson learned, and a hard night

So finally I had my first day of work yesterday. It went very well. I watched one of the trainings and got to know how my company works. I also took part in a meeting with a possible new client.

I think I'll have an excellent learning experience with this company and I'm glad I can be part of such an interesting company.

After work was over at around 5, I went back to Abhimanyu's house and got all my stuff together. I checked my e-mails very quick and had to find out how much I paid for 10 minutes of calling Abhimanyu at the airport from my German sim card: 50 euros!!! I'm not kidding I paid more than 4 euros a minute for these calls. So there is another lesson learned. Never use your cellphone abroad if you haven't found out before how much it costs!

I moved in the trainee house yesterday night and got to know Renata from Brazil and Max from Austria first and later Martin from France.

It was a really warm welcome but the night was just horrible for me. I couldn't sleep at all. One reason was probably the hard bed but also some mosquitos and probably all that exitement from the last days. So I barely slept an hour and felt very sick in the morning.

I called my company and they understood that I might need some rest. I'm really happy that they showed such an understanding.

So I slept for a couple of hours until noon and I felt better. I made my first grocery shopping (a bread and some jelly ;) and tried to fix my bed (now I have an additional mattress and the bed is not tilted anymore).

I'm really happy now and I'm looking forward to my first weekend here in Delhi.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Love the bed!
    (the one you left me in Leipzig, I mean ;-D)
    Cheerio
    Reglindis

    AntwortenLöschen

Follower